Re: Separating Databases on Different Partitions

От Andy Shellam
Тема Re: Separating Databases on Different Partitions
Дата
Re: Separating Databases on Different Partitions  ("Aaron Bono" <postgresql@aranya.com>)
Список pgsql-admin

Hi Aaron

I believe you could probably do this best with table spaces.  You’ll have to look it up in the documentation as I haven’t done it for a while.

You symlink a directory under <pgdata>/pg_tblspc to another physical directory (eg. Your user’s home/db directory), then when you create the database, set its default table space to which directory you create.

There is a downside in that the user could create a new table and override the table space to that of another user.

You could always query the system catalogues for the usage for each user’s database and add that to the physical size of their home directory?

Regards,

Andy