Re: reg:Query

От Andy Shellam
Тема Re: reg:Query
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Depends on which version of Postgres you’re using (pre-8.0 or post-8.0)

I think the format changed from v8.0 onwards.  So, for example, post-8.0:

       SELECT email_address FROM account_details ORDER BY address_id LIMIT 1
OFFSET 0;

Will bring back the first row.  The following will bring back the next and
so on:

    SELECT email_address FROM account_details ORDER BY address_id LIMIT
1 OFFSET 1;

Pre-8.0 the queries would be:

       SELECT email_address FROM account_details ORDER BY address_id LIMIT
1, 0;
       SELECT email_address FROM account_details ORDER BY address_id LIMIT
1, 1;

Note LIMIT 1, 0 (and LIMIT 1 OFFSET 0) is the same as LIMIT 1

Andy