Re: .ini parsing

От sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de (Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor])
Тема Re: .ini parsing
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
>>>>> "Giuliano" == Giuliano Gavazzi <dev@humph.com> writes:

Giuliano> At 16:35 +0100 2003/03/19, sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Giuliano> (Michael Sperber [Mr.
Giuliano>   Pre wrote:
Giuliano> >Psqlodbc 7.2.5 isn't able to parse the .ini files produced by common
Giuliano> >.ini files creation programs, such as that shipped with iODBC.  The
Giuliano> >reason is that it cannot deal with spaces before the "=" signs.  So,
Giuliano> >
Giuliano> >Port= 5432
Giuliano> >
Giuliano> >is OK, but
Giuliano> >
Giuliano> >Port = 5432
Giuliano> >
Giuliano> >is not.  I think it would save a lot of confusion if this were fixed
Giuliano> >or at least a FAQ would talk about it.

Giuliano> strange. I use iODBC and it is fine with the spaces. Besides, are you
Giuliano> sure the odbc.ini is read by the driver and not by the iodbc driver
Giuliano> manager? You see, with the old version of iODBC on MacOSX the .ini
Giuliano> files were actually named differently and had a different location,
Giuliano> either the driver manager was passing the file location to the driver,
Giuliano> or, as I said above, the files were read by the iODBC driver manager
Giuliano> indeed.
Giuliano> Maybe this is a bug with the version of iODBC you are using.

No; iODBC parses the .ini file just fine, with spaces.  It's the
psqlodbc driver that doesn't.  (I'll be glad to provide details, but
I've actually debugged and read the code in question to figure this
out.  It's pretty obvious from looking at the code.)

--
Cheers =8-} Mike