Re: PG commands not working?

От Jasen Betts
Тема Re: PG commands not working?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On 2009-05-26, Just E. Mail <justemail@imwell-usa.com> wrote:
> This question seems so simple but I don't have an answer.
>
> Installed CentOS 5.3, Postgresql 8.3.7 (Libs, Server, Devel) & pgAdmin.
>
> Then created a user/role as follows:
> ---------------------
> % su - postgres
> -bash-3.2$creatuser radius --no-superuser --no-createdb --no-createrole -P
> Enter password for new role: radius
> Enter it again: radius
> -bash-3.2$exit
> ---------------------
>
> Then I checked in pgAdmin & radius is listed under 'login roles'.

that bit worked.

> Now I tried to create a SCHEMA:
>
> % su - postgres
>
> -bash-3.2$CREATE SCHEMA radius AUTHENCATION radius
> Error: create: command not found.

here you need to do psql to get the postgres command-line
the prompt will look like this

postgres=#

before creating a schema you probably want to create (or if it already
exists connect to) a different database,

postgres=# create database radius owner radius;
CREATE DATABASE
postgres=# \c radius
radius=# CREATE SCHEMA radius AUTHENCATION radius;
CREATE SCHEMA