Re: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Scott Marlowe wrote on 19.04.2005 00:26:

>>One example would be when I drop a table (and it doesn't exist) I still
>>want to run the following CREATE TABLE. But due to the error even the
>>following valid command will fail.
>>This problem is not limited to DDL. When I try to write the result sets for
>>several queries to disk it's the same problem, if e.g. the first select
>>reports an error (e.g. due to a typo in the column list) all subsequent
>>ones will no run as well.
 >
> You could try using rollback and save points.  set  savepoint before you
> drop the table, and if the drop fails, issue a rollback.

As I said, I'm aware of that, but I have to support different DBMS and this
behaviour is pretty different to the other ones. The DDL stuff isn't that
big of a problem, but the example with multiple selects is a bit more
tricky to solve as I don't have control over the transaction handling.

Thanks for your answer, I guess I'll simply have to live with that.

Cheers
Thoams