Re: documentation update for doc/src/sgml/func.sgml

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: documentation update for doc/src/sgml/func.sgml
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>> Of course a general rule how to link to WP would be nice ...
>>
>> I'm afraid that the current implicit rule is more or less "no links", at
>> least there are very few of them but in the glossary, and when I submitted
>> docs with them they were removed before committing.
>
> Ideally if external links were to be allowed PostgreSQL.org would maintain a
> URL shortening service and those shortened links would be in the
> documentation so that any necessary pointers could be changed immediately
> and without source updates.

Why not. This would mean maintaining the redirection table somewhere. That
would also be a place to check whether some links become dandling
pointers. However there are also implications on the infrastructure to
host these redirections. Maybe one page on wiki.postgresql.org could be
used for this purpose.

--
Fabien.