Re: [DOC] add missing "[ NO ]" to various "DEPENDS ON" synopses

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [DOC] add missing "[ NO ]" to various "DEPENDS ON" synopses
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 03:57:04PM +0900, Ian Lawrence Barwick wrote:
> Indeed it does. Not the most exciting of use cases, though I imagine it
> might come in handy for anyone developing an extension, and the
> existing implementation is inconsistent (in place for ALTER INDEX,
> and partially for ALTER MATERIALIZED VIEW, but not the others).
> Patch suggestion attached.

Thanks.

-   else if (Matches("ALTER", "INDEX", MatchAny, "NO", "DEPENDS"))
-       COMPLETE_WITH("ON EXTENSION");
-   else if (Matches("ALTER", "INDEX", MatchAny, "DEPENDS"))
-       COMPLETE_WITH("ON EXTENSION");
The part, if removed, means that typing "alter index my_index no " is
not able to complete with "DEPENDS ON EXTENSION" anymore.  So it seems
to me that ALTER INDEX got that right, and that the other commands had
better do the same.
--
Michael

Вложения