Re: Status report: regex replacement

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Status report: regex replacement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> code is concerned: the regex library actually offers three regex
> flavors, "advanced", "extended", and "basic", where "extended" matches
> what we had before ("extended" and "basic" correspond to different
> levels of the POSIX 1003.2 standard).  We just need a way to expose
> that knob to the user.  I am thinking about inventing yet another GUC
> parameter, say

Perhaps it should be exposed through different operators.  If someone uses
packages (especially functions) provided externally, they might have a
hard time coordinating what flavor is required by which part of what he is
using.

By analogy, imagine there was an environment variable that switched all
grep's to egrep's.  That would be a complete mess.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net