Re: PostgeSQL problem (server crashed?)

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: PostgeSQL problem (server crashed?)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Edwin Pauli wrote:

> My PostgreSQL server is not reachable at this moment. It look likes a
> crash from the postmaster proces.
>
> Since saturday 13-03-2004 at 20.09 (Dutch Time / UTC+1) the server is
> not working correctly. Before 20.09, the server was running perfectly.
>
> I can't query the database. On the Postgres powered websites i see the
> folowing errors.
>
> Warning: pg_query(): Query failed: ERROR: syntax error at or near
> "'5a55385afe83062516f465d5dbb23e96'" at character 64 . in
> /home/epauli/WWW/qst-new/_inc/main.inc.php on line 9
>
> Warning: pg_query(): Query failed: ERROR: syntax error at or near
> "hoofdid" at character 8 . in
> /home/epauli/WWW/qst-new/_inc/main.inc.php on line 81
>
> Warning: pg_fetch_object(): supplied argument is not a valid
> PostgreSQL result resource in
> /home/epauli/WWW/qst-new/_inc/main.inc.php on line 89

I'm going to make a wild assed guess that the flexer / parser or
something it depends on in the database is corrupted.

You said in a later post that reinstalling an old backup made it work.  Is
this a file level or pg_dump type backup?  If it's a file level, that
would support my supposition that something in the system tables used by
the parser is corrupted.  You might have a bad sector on your harddrive or
something like that.

But it's just a guess.