Re: [HACKERS] INET and CIDR comparisons

От Todd Graham Lewis
Тема Re: [HACKERS] INET and CIDR comparisons
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

> I heard back from Paul Vixie and he says that it should be possible to
> store two values in a unique index if they differ only in netbits.

This is definitely true.  E.g., we have an in-house database which records
internet address delegations wherein a.b.c.0/22 can be and often is the
parent of a.b.c.0/23.  They should definitely be recignized as unique
from each other.

> I am sending a patch in.

Groovy.  I'll be pestering the present developer of that database to
uniquify the index.  8^)

--
Todd Graham Lewis                        Postmaster, MindSpring Enterprises
tlewis@mindspring.net                                (800) 719-4664, x22804

"A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood."          -- George S. Patton

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] INET and CIDR comparisons
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] INET and CIDR comparisons