Re: [HACKERS] BSD vs. GPL

От Thomas Good
Тема Re: [HACKERS] BSD vs. GPL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 20 Jun 1999, Don Baccus wrote:

> I've got candles for sale if you need some to burn at
> your Open Source Means Everyone Works For Free Always
> shrine.

Don -  an interesting can o' worms Bruce opened, eh?

I find Bruce's argument interesting but one fact makes the
debate somewhat moot:  Linux doesn't need a FreeBSD emulator.
Until it does most will use Linux - and GPL.

I think Stallman goes too far with calling Ousterhout a `parasite'
but I nonetheless can't help but suppress a grin as I write this.
(Trying desperately to avoid a bad pun about being tickled...and
failing! ;-)

Maybe I should get a quote for some of your candles so I can
do a purchase order?

------- North Richmond Community Mental Health Center -------

Thomas Good                                   MIS Coordinator
Vital Signs:                  tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org                                         Phone:
718-354-5528                                          Fax:   718-354-5056

/* Member: Computer Professionals For Social Responsibility */