Re: [HACKERS] More PostgreSQL+CORBA

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] More PostgreSQL+CORBA
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 14 Nov 1998, Michael Robinson wrote:

< a very well written description removed >

> Which ORB?
>
>     GNOME started with Mico.  Mico, apparently, makes use of C++ templates,
>     which caused the compiler they were using to generate bloated, wallowing
>     code.
Is that still accurate today?

>     GNOME then adopted ORBit, which has two wins: it's in C, and (this is
>     the biggy) it has provisions to shortcut parameter marshalling,
So...implement an OO 'environment' with a non-OO language? :)
My experience is that for pretty much every pro, there is a
con...what are we losing with ORBit that we'd have with mico?  Short
and/or long term?  mico is reputed to be Corba 2.2 compliant..orbit?

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org