RE: Single transaction in the tablesync worker?

От osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: Single transaction in the tablesync worker?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello

On Friday, February 5, 2021 2:23 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>
> On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 7:09 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 8:33 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > > Thanks. I have fixed one of the issues reported by me earlier [1]
> > > wherein the tablesync worker can repeatedly fail if after dropping
> > > the slot there is an error while updating the SYNCDONE state in the
> > > database. I have moved the drop of the slot just before commit of
> > > the transaction where we are marking the state as SYNCDONE.
> > > Additionally, I have removed unnecessary includes in tablesync.c,
> > > updated the docs for Alter Subscription, and updated the comments at
> > > various places in the patch. I have also updated the commit message this
> time.
> > >

> > Below are my feedback comments for V17 (nothing functional)
> >
> > ~~
> >
> > 1.
> > V27 Commit message:
> > For the initial table data synchronization in logical replication, we
> > use a single transaction to copy the entire table and then
> > synchronizes the position in the stream with the main apply worker.
> >
> > Typo:
> > "synchronizes" -> "synchronize"
> >

> Fixed and added a note about Alter Sub .. Refresh .. command can't be
> executed in the transaction block.
Thank you for the updates.

We need to add some tests to prove the new checks of AlterSubscription() work.
I chose TAP tests as we need to set connect = true for the subscription.
When it can contribute to the development, please utilize this.
I used v28 to check my patch and works as we expect.

Best Regards,
    Takamichi Osumi

Вложения