RE: 8192 BLCKSZ ?]

От Andrew Snow
Тема RE: 8192 BLCKSZ ?]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> The cost difference between 32K vs 8K disk reads/writes are so small
> these days when compared with overall cost of the disk operation itself,
> that you can even measure it, well below 1%. Remember seek times
> advertised on disks are an average.

It has been said how small the difference is - therefore in my opinion it
should remain at 8KB to maintain best average performance with all existing
platforms.

I say its best let the OS and mass storage subsystem worry about read-ahead
caching and whether they actually read 8KB off the disk, or 32KB or 64KB
when we ask for 8.

- Andrew