how to completely turn off statement error logging

От Zwettler Markus (OIZ)
Тема how to completely turn off statement error logging
Дата
Список pgsql-general

I don't want to log statement errors in the server logfile – whether the statement string nor the error message.

I set "log_min_error_statement = panic" according to the docs:

<quote>

To effectively turn off logging of failing statements, set this parameter to PANIC.

</quote>

But error messages are still logged:

$ psql

psql (12.17)

SSL connection (protocol: TLSv1.2, cipher: ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384, bits: 256, compression: off)

Type "help" for help.

pcl_l300=# show log_min_error_statement;

log_min_error_statement

-------------------------

panic

(1 row)

pcl_l300=# select error_817 / 0;

ERROR:  column "error_817" does not exist

LINE 1: select error_817 / 0;

               ^

pcl_l300=# exit

$ fgrep error_817 pg_statsinfo.log

2024-05-13 16:01:14 CEST 36421 ERROR:  column "error_817" does not exist

Question: How can I turn off logging of this statement based error message?