Re: When is a record NULL?

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: When is a record NULL?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jul 27, 2009, at 5:19 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> Yep, that's just what I needed, thanks. I think I'll send a patch
> for the "Cursors" section of the PL/pgSQL documentation that
> mentions this. Would have saved me a bunch of hassle.

So would have reading two more sentences of the docs, which state, to
my surprise (that I missed it!), “As with `SELECT INTO`, the special
variable <code>FOUND</code> can be checked to see whether a row was
obtained or not.” D’oh!

So now I've got things working the way I need, and I've blogged about
these SQL pathologies so that I don't forget.
  http://www.justatheory.com/computers/databases/postgresql/neither-null-nor-not-null.html

Thanks for the help, everyone.

Best,

David