Re: Avoid excessive inlining?

От Philip Semanchuk
Тема Re: Avoid excessive inlining?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> On Dec 19, 2020, at 12:59 AM, Joel Jacobson <joel@compiler.org> wrote:
>
> Is there a way to avoid excessive inlining when writing pure SQL functions, without having to use PL/pgSQL?

Hi Joel,
The rules for inlining are here:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Inlining_of_SQL_functions

According to those rules, if you declared your SQL function as VOLATILE, then Postgres wouldn’t inline it. From your
question,I’m not sure if you want to have the same function inlined sometimes and not others. I can’t think of a way to
dothat offhand.

Hope this helps,
Philip