Memory problem?

От Patrick Welche
Тема Memory problem?
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Memory problem?
Список pgsql-hackers
I am having trouble with PQclear causing a segmentation fault, and I don't
really know where to look. I have 3 identical tables (only 2 come into play)
all of the form

+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
|              Field               |              Type                | Length|
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
| leaf1                            | int4 not null                    |     4 |
| leaf2                            | int4 not null                    |     4 |
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+

and the last thing that happens before trouble is:

SELECT leaf2 FROM pers_room WHERE leaf1=1
SELECT leaf1 FROM pers_room WHERE leaf2=1
SELECT leaf2 FROM pers_comp WHERE leaf1=1
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

#0  0x40112370 in free ()
#1  0x400b5060 in _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ () at pqsignal.c:42
#2  0x400ad3be in PQclear (res=0x76280) at fe-exec.c:325
#3  0x400a6181 in PgConnection::Exec (this=0xefbfd44c,    query=0x76280 "SELECT leaf2 FROM pers_comp WHERE leaf1=1")
atpgconnection.cc:98

323             /* Free the top-level tuple pointer array */
324             if (res->tuples)
325                     free(res->tuples);

and I suspect from the manpage:
    Otherwise, if the argument does not match a pointer    earlier returned by the calloc() malloc() or realloc()
function,or if    the space has been deallocated by a call to free() or realloc(), general    havoc may occur.

As you see from the backtrace, I am using libpq++. Anyone have a suggestion
where to look?

Cheers,

Patrick