Re: pg_archivecleanup - Increase time files are deleted

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: pg_archivecleanup - Increase time files are deleted
Дата
Re: pg_archivecleanup - Increase time files are deleted
Список pgsql-general

On Sun, Jun 26, 2016 at 5:33 PM, Patrick B <patrickbakerbr@gmail.com> wrote:

>...I'd like to have the wal_files stored for 24h, and then the pg_archivecleanup could do its job and delete the files..

You cannot do that, but you can change the wal_keep_segments on the master and reload the postgresql.conf.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/runtime-config-replication.html#GUC-WAL-KEEP-SEGMENTS

ok.. my current wal_keep_segments is:

wal_keep_segments = 256

That means there will be at least 256 files before postgres delete them?

Please, in the future, remember to state your PostgreSQL version and O/S as options can change.

Ok.. my mistake.. I'm running PostgreSQL 9.2 in a Centos 6.7 64 bits.

>That means there will be at least 256 files before postgres delete them?

Yes!
--
Melvin Davidson

Сообщение: Re: pg_archivecleanup - Increase time files are deleted
Сообщение: Re: pg_archivecleanup - Increase time files are deleted