Re: pg_dump needs an option to add the force flag to the drop database

От vignesh C
Тема Re: pg_dump needs an option to add the force flag to the drop database
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Documentationhere: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-dropdatabase.html

> I am currently using dir format for the output
>    pg_dump -d "bdname" -F d -j 4 -v -f /tmp/dir
>
> Having an option to add the FORCE option to either the generated dump by pg_dump, or in the pg_restore would be very
usefulwhen restoring the databases so it would avoid having to do scripting.

It would be better to raise this enhancement request in -hackers, as
it can be discussed there and taken forward accordingly from there.

Regards,
Vignesh

От: Paul De Audney
Сообщение: Re: Query returns error "there is no parameter $1" but server logs that there are two parameters supplied
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump needs an option to add the force flag to the drop database