Re: BUG #16376: ALTER SYSTEM incorrectly quotes empty list

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #16376: ALTER SYSTEM incorrectly quotes empty list
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 2:21 PM PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Bug reference:      16376
Logged by:          Teja Mupparti
Email address:      tejeswarm@hotmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 11.0
Operating system:   Linux

Some applications set Postgres parameters using GUI(s)  Once a value is set
and deselected later, it issues a SQL
ALTER SYSTEM set shared_preload_libraries = '';

Well, its their bug, not ours, given that we specify two valid ways to accomplish this goal.  SET TO DEFAULT, and RESET.

Whether we want to apply the feature enhancement is another question but it probably wouldn't be back-patched nor make it in for another year and more.  I'm also inclined to think that we are unlikely to change our minds.

David J.