Re: Grant all privileges to user on a database

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Grant all privileges to user on a database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jul 24, 2023 at 7:52 AM Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:
On 7/24/23 09:09, Tom Lane wrote:

> GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA public TO public;

I'd have naively expected "GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA public TO public; " to be
taken care of by "GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE cbdevdb TO cbdevdbadmin;".

I'm quite happy that such a command doesn't go ahead and grant read, write, and execute privileges on every table, function, and view in the database.

The thing that does what you describe is called SUPERUSER.

David J.