Re: Single transaction in the tablesync worker?

От Peter Smith
Тема Re: Single transaction in the tablesync worker?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 1:34 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 6:38 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I think this should be fixed by latest patch because I have disallowed
> > > drop of a table when its synchronization is in progress. You can check
> > > once and let me know if the issue still exists?
> > >

> > FYI - I confirmed that the problem scenario that I reported yesterday
> > is no longer possible because now the V25 patch is disallowing the
> > DROP TABLE while the tablesync is still running.
> >

> Thanks for the confirmation. BTW, can you please check if we can
> reproduce that problem without this patch? If so, we might want to
> apply this fix irrespective of this patch. If not, why not?

Yes, this was an existing postgres bug. It is independent of the patch.

I can reproduce exactly the same stacktrace using the HEAD src pulled @ 3/Feb.

PSA my test logs showing the details.

----
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.
Fujitsu Australia

Вложения

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Single transaction in the tablesync worker?