Re: Ora2pg Delta Migration: Oracle to PostgreSQL

От Amit Sharma
Тема Re: Ora2pg Delta Migration: Oracle to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Avinash. Appriciate the help!!

Regards
Amit

On Fri, May 3, 2024 at 5:38 AM Avinash Vallarapu <avinash.vallarapu@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone tried delta/incremental data migration for Oracle to PostgreSQL using Ora2pg? Or what are the best options to run delta migration for Oracle to PostgreSQL?

There are a few ways of dealing with it when using Ora2Pg.

Option 1 : Ora2Pg configuration file allows us to pass the conditions(predicates) to be applied to a table while migrating the data from a table. So, if there is a way to filter the data since the last full load, you can pass the condition to the configuration file, for each table. This is some work for sure but it works great if you are able to identify those conditions such as creation_date or last_updated_date, let's say.

Option2 : Ora2Pg is currently CDC ready. What this means is that, Ora2Pg can provide the SCN at which the table copy has been initiated. Technically, we provide the SCN to the CDC tools or custom CDC techniques to continue replication since that SCN.

Option 2.1 : Leverage Debezium, an Open Source solution to perform continuous replication from Oracle to PostgreSQL from the SCN produced by Ora2Pg for that table.

So, it is all about Ora2Pg + Debezium

It might be initially challenging, but you will get there.

Regards,
Avi Vallarapu,
CEO,
HexaCluster Corp.