Re: proposal \gcsv

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal \gcsv
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

so 29. 2. 2020 v 11:34 odesílatel Vik Fearing <vik@postgresfriends.org> napsal:
On 29/02/2020 06:43, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would to enhance \g command about variant \gcsv
>
> proposed command has same behave like \g, only the result will be every
> time in csv format.
>
> It can helps with writing psql macros wrapping \g command.
>
> Options, notes?

But then we would need \ghtml and \glatex etc.  If we want a shortcut
for setting a one-off format, I would go for \gf or something.

    \gf csv
    \gf html
    \gf latex

usability of html or latex format in psql is significantly lower than csv format. There is only one generic format for data - csv.

Regards

Pavel

-1 on \gcsv
--