Re: [Fwd: Re: proposal: new long psql parameter --on-error-stop]

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [Fwd: Re: proposal: new long psql parameter --on-error-stop]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 5:48 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> comments?

+    fprintf(output, _("  ECHO               control what input is
written to standard output [all, queries]\n"));

The valid values in the help messages should be consistent with
the values that the tab-completion displays. So in the case of ECHO,
"errors" and "none" also should be added in the message. Thought?

In the help messages of some psql variables like ECHO_HIDDEN, valid
values are not explained. Why not?

it is based on http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/app-psql.html

ECHO_HIDDEN

When this variable is set and a backslash command queries the database, the query is first shown. This way you can study the PostgreSQL internals and provide similar functionality in your own programs. (To select this behavior on program start-up, use the switch -E.) If you set the variable to the value noexec, the queries are just shown but are not actually sent to the server and executed.

There are no clear a set of valid values :( .. When I found a known fields in doc, I used it.

Regards

Pavel

Regards,

--