Re: psql and pgpass.conf on Windows

От Kirk Wolak
Тема Re: psql and pgpass.conf on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Jul 1, 2023 at 2:07 AM Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Jul 01, 2023 at 01:40:49AM -0400, Kirk Wolak wrote:

> FWIW, I discovered that psql is case sensitive on the dbname, without
> quoting it!

That's on purpose, since shell quoting behavior is entirely different from SQL.
The quotes are discarded by the shell, so it would otherwise require users
doing something like

psql -d '"MyDbName"'

The behavior is the same for all client tools, and other object arguments like
username.

Thanks,
  I was mentioning it in case the person who could not figure out why his pgpass.conf was not being hit correctly,
might have multiple things colluding against them.

  It's nice to know it is consistent, and applies to usernames.