Re: BUG #14109: pg_rewind fails to update target control file in one scenario

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #14109: pg_rewind fails to update target control file in one scenario
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 4:25 AM,  <johnlumby@hotmail.com> wrote:
> However,  what I believe *is* needed is to update the target control file
> with the new timeline and other information from the source.

No, this is incorrect. There is no need to update the control file of
a node that has not been rewound, and pg_rewind should not mess up
with that if there is no divergence point between the target and the
source nodes or it would update the minimum recovery point of a node
without real need to do so. It should be able to join back the cluster
depending on its initial shutdown state (when you shut down systemA).
What are the logs of your system A telling you regarding its startup
state?
--
Michael