Re: SELECT DISTINCT chooses parallel seqscan instead of indexscan on huge table with 1000 partitions

От David Rowley
Тема Re: SELECT DISTINCT chooses parallel seqscan instead of indexscan on huge table with 1000 partitions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 14 May 2024 at 00:46, Dimitrios Apostolou <jimis@gmx.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 13 May 2024, Dimitrios Apostolou wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 11 May 2024, David Rowley wrote:
> >>  If you look at [1], it says "Tuples changed in partitions and
> >>  inheritance children do not trigger analyze on the parent table."
> >

> Do I read that correctly, that I have to setup cron jobs to manually
> analyze partitioned tables?

It means that auto-analyze won't touch it.  Periodically doing an
ANALYZE on the partitioned table is probably a good idea.

David

Сообщение: Re: SELECT DISTINCT chooses parallel seqscan instead of indexscan on huge table with 1000 partitions
Сообщение: Re: SELECT DISTINCT chooses parallel seqscan instead of indexscan on huge table with 1000 partitions