Re: zheap: a new storage format for PostgreSQL

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: zheap: a new storage format for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 9:00 PM, Satyanarayana Narlapuram
<Satyanarayana.Narlapuram@microsoft.com> wrote:

>>> Cons
>
>>> -----------
>>> 1. Deletes can be somewhat expensive.
>>> 2. Transaction aborts will be expensive.
>>> 3. Updates that update most of the indexed columns can be somewhat
>>> expensive.
>
> Given transaction aborts are expensive, is there any impact on the crash
> recovery?

I don't think there should be any direct impact of aborts on recovery
time as we start processing the undo records after recovery is done.
Basically, we invoke undo worker after recovery which performs the
aborts in the background.

>Did you perform any tests on the recovery duration?

Not yet, but I think we will do it after making some more progress.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Сообщение: Re: 2018-03 Commitfest starts tomorrow
Сообщение: Re: 2018-03 Commitfest starts tomorrow