Re: default range partition and constraint exclusion

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: default range partition and constraint exclusion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 4:04 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
<horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> This is the story in my understanding.

Thanks, that's helpful.  Sorry I didn't have time yet to study this in
detail myself.  If we're routing tuples to a partition for which the
partition constraint is evaluating to null, that's OK, but if we're
routing tuples to a partition for which the partition constraint is
evaluating to false, that's a bug, and the right solution is to
correct either the tuple routing or the partition constraint.  In this
case, it looks like the tuple routing is working as expected, so that
would say we ought to fix the constraint.

I am out of time for today but will try to look at this some more tomorrow.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company