[HACKERS] Harmonization of json functions (SQLITE)

От Tobias Schönit
Тема [HACKERS] Harmonization of json functions (SQLITE)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Hello,

I just saw on hackernews the announcement that sqlite includes a json extension.

The proposed functions are really well documented and easy to apply and I was wondering if postgres could extend their json functions to be similar to those.

https://www.sqlite.org/json1.html

Some functions are similar (json_each) while others are missing in postgresql (json_set)

Maybe it would also be a viable path to create a plugin and reuse some oft he code from the sqlite community?

Regards,

Tobias