ADO, set returning functions, ms acccess

От brian stapel
Тема ADO, set returning functions, ms acccess
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Thanks for your time...

I've written a plpgsql function that produces a recordset (i think):

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION "public"."function_name" (int integer) RETURNS SETOF "public"."tbl_nm" AS
$body$
/* New function body */
DECLARE
       rec public.tbl_nm;
    BEGIN
        FOR rec IN
              select * from tbl_nm where id <> int
        LOOP
            RETURN NEXT rec;
        END LOOP;
    END;
$body$
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE CALLED ON NULL INPUT SECURITY INVOKER;

When I execute the function from the sql editor, it produces the desired results. select * from function_name(1);

When I try to incorporate this function into my ado application, it doesn't seem to return a recordset.

    Dim objCnn As ADODB.Connection
    Dim cmd As ADODB.Command
    Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset

        Set objCnn = data_layer.Open_ConnectPostGRESql(objCnn)
        Set cmd = New ADODB.Command

        cmd.ActiveConnection = objCnn

        cmd.CommandText = "Select  * from function_name(1);"

        Set rs = cmd.Execute

rs record count is -1.

Can you help?

Express yourself - download free Windows Live Messenger themes! Get it now!