Re: Help - corruption issue?

От Phoenix Kiula
Тема Re: Help - corruption issue?
Дата
Re: Help - corruption issue?
Список pgsql-general

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?camp=1789&creative=9325&ie=UTF8&i..."
>>> server closed the connection unexpectedly
>>>      This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>>>      before or while processing the request.
>>> The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Failed.
>>>

>>> Is this any use at all?  Would appreciate any pointers!
>>

>> I didn't follow the entire thread, so maybe someone mentioned this already, but...
>> Usually if we see error messages like those it turns out the OS is killing the postgres process with it's equivalent
ofa low-on-memory-killer. I know Linux's got such a beast, and that you can turn it off.

>> It's a frequently recurring issue on this list, there's bound to be some pointers in the archives ;)
>
> Not sure if this COPY failure is caused by the same issue as before, but
> the original issue was caused by this
>
> pg_dump: SQL command failed
> pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR:  invalid memory alloc
> request size 4294967293
> pg_dump: The command was: COPY public.links (id, link_id, alias,
> aliasentered, url, user_known, user_id, url_encrypted, title, private,
> private_key, status, create_date, modify_date, disable_in_statistics,
> user_running_id, url_host_long) TO stdout;
> pg_dumpall: pg_dump failed on database "snipurl", exiting
>
> i.e. a bad memory alloc request (with negative size). That does not seem
> like an OOM killing the backend.

Most likely you're right.

I did a COPY FROM and populated the entire table. In my hard disk, the
space consumption went up by 64GB.

Yet, when I do a "SELECT * FROM mytable LIMIT 1" the entire DB
crashes. There is no visible record.

What's this?