Re: UnixWare

От Andrew Merrill
Тема Re: UnixWare
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Re: UnixWare  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: [HACKERS] Re: UnixWare  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: [HACKERS] Re: UnixWare  ("Billy G. Allie" <Bill.Allie@mug.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
It looks like you are using SCO UnixWare 2.1.2.  PostgreSQL 6.4.X and 6.5.X do
compile and run on SCO UnixWare 7, the current version.

I have not been able to compile PostgreSQL 6.5 (or any other version) on
UnixWare 2.  The main problem seems to be that PostgreSQL uses alloca,
and I can't find the alloca.h header on my UnixWare 2 system.

SCO has released a newer compiler, often called the Universal Development
Kit (UDK) which will run on UnixWare 7, UnixWare 2, and OpenServer 5, and
which will produce a single binary for all three platforms.  PostgreSQL 6.5
will compile on both UnixWare 7 and OpenServer 5 using SCO's UDK compiler,
so I assume it would compile on UnixWare 2 using it as well.  However,
I don't have a UnixWare 2 system with the UDK installed to test this.

I hope this is helpful.

Andrew Merrill
The Computer Classroom, Inc., a SCO Authorized Education Center