Re: BUG #2162: Same as bug #1679 - finite() - unresolved symbol

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #2162: Same as bug #1679 - finite() - unresolved symbol
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Francois Laupretre" <flconseil@yahoo.fr> writes:
> As bug #1679 is more than 6 months old, I'd like to get a status. If it can
> help, I confirm that, without modifications, the current stable release of
> PostgreSQL does not compile on HP-UX 11.11.

It works fine for me anytime I try it on HP's testdrive systems.

If you are building with gcc, one possible theory is that your gcc
installation is broken.  A common way for this to happen is to copy
a gcc installation created on one HPUX version to a machine running
a slightly different HPUX version.  gcc's internal copies of system
header files then fail to match the running system, leading to all
sorts of hard-to-debug problems :-(