Re: For index bloat: VACUUM ANALYZE vs REINDEX/CLUSTER

От Richard Broersma Jr
Тема Re: For index bloat: VACUUM ANALYZE vs REINDEX/CLUSTER
Дата
Список pgsql-general
--- Phoenix Kiula <phoenix.kiula@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2. Is this fill factor enough to have on the table, or should I also
> do a fill factor for specific indexes? Or both the table and the
> index? (I have four btree indexes on the table)

I don't think that fill factor can be applied to the table.  The CREATE TABLE reference doc show
that fill factor can be used in the CREATE TABLE statement, but it is only applied to syntax that
creates an implied index.

i.e.  CREATE TABLE test (
        test_id    INTEGER   PRIMARY KEY WITH ( FILLFACTOR = 70 ),
        test_val   TEXT );

Primary key will create an implied index.  Fill factor is applied to that implied index.

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

Сообщение: Re: Is this good spec for a PostgreSQL server?
Сообщение: Re: Is this good spec for a PostgreSQL server?