Re: Autovacuum firing up during my manual vacuum on same table

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Autovacuum firing up during my manual vacuum on same table
Дата
Re: Autovacuum firing up during my manual vacuum on same table
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 2 Apr 2011 19:26:56 +0200, "Henry C." <henka@cityweb.co.za> wrote:
> On Sat, April 2, 2011 14:17, Jens Wilke wrote:
>> Nevertheless since at least 8.4 IMO there's no need to bother with
>> manual vacuum any more.

Uhh, this is entirely untrue. There are plenty of cases where 8.4
autovacuum can't cut it.

> Sadly, in my case, the db is so busy that autovac processes run for
weeks
> and
> never catch up (insufficient h/w for the app quite frankly - the
addition
> of

You can disable autovacuum for the relations that you are manually
vacuuming. If pre 8.4 see pg_autovacuum, if post see alter table.

JD

   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/
   The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997