postgresql newsgroups

От jamesbinary@icqmail.com (James)
Тема postgresql newsgroups
Дата
Список pgsql-general
My ISP's newserver carries the following postresql groups:

comp.databases.postgresql
comp.databases.postgresql.bugs
comp.databases.postgresql.docs
comp.databases.postgresql.hackers
comp.databases.postgresql.patches
comp.databases.postgresql.questions

The trouble is that there are hardly any articles coming into these groups.

Is the bulk of user generated information about postgresql in mailing
lists?  (I'm subscribe to too many already)

I can't understand why there are so few messages about a free database
package.

And if this isn't too inflamatory a question, where does postgresql stand
in comparison to MySql and DB2? (both of which aren't free I believe).