I am NOT a programmer!

От Shawn Matthews
Тема I am NOT a programmer!
Дата
Re: I am NOT a programmer!  (Alan Hodgson <ahodgson@simkin.ca>)
Re: I am NOT a programmer!  (Jayadevan M <Jayadevan.Maymala@ibsplc.com>)
Список pgsql-novice

Hello,

I tried to install PostgreSQL as part of a package install of Open Portfolio Manager, from Sourceforge.net.  The trouble is, I am not a programmer or even have significant IT experience.  I was trying to install OPPM in order to organize my daily business, which is project based.  My boss has refused to pay for any management system, and so I started looking around for an open source solution that I can install on all of our computers.

My question is a two-tiered one.

  1. Do I have to be a programmer to install PostgreSQL, working from the C prompt?
  2. If so, where should I start to learn any of these basics so that I can get up and running as quickly as possible.

I have some interest in learning programming, but am bewildered with where to start or how to organize a learning schedule.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Geometric data type for an arc.
Сообщение: Re: Geometric data type for an arc.