Re: a few doubts regarding postgres

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: a few doubts regarding postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Feb 11, 2005, at 7:47 AM, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

> On Friday 11 Feb 2005 6:01 pm, Surabhi Ahuja wrote:
>>  does postgres support notifications.
>>
>> for eg. through one connection to the server, i begin a transaction
>> and i
>> do inserts there. in another sessions, i want to get notified that
>> inserts
>> are taking place in someother session. please help.
>
> Umm.. out of box, I don't think so. May be some triggers etc. can be
> placed
> for information..Can you describe what you are trying to achieve?

I think NOTIFY/LISTEN should do this just fine, but you won't get the
notification unless the transaction where NOTIFY gets called is
committed.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/sql-notify.html

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL

От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: a few doubts regarding postgres