Re: How to add function schema in search_path in option definitio

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: How to add function schema in search_path in option definitio
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7/8/23 10:00, Lorusso Domenico wrote:
> Hello Adrian,
> I've created a schema to handle some specific features.
> In the schema there are a couple of tables used by many functions (more
> than 20).
> In other words, I've created a schema as a package (as suggested in many
> points).
>
> I wish, in a function of this schema, to be able to call each other
> functions of this schema without adding the schema name in the call
> instruction.
>
> For example:
> in schema my_schema there are function foo and bar.
>
> in foo I need to call bar:
> foo as $$
> begin
>      [...]
>      _returnOfBar=my_schema.bar(p1,p2,..,pn);
>      [...]
> end;
> $$
>
> I'd like to use just _returnOfBar=bar(p1,p2,..,pn);

I see three choices:

1) On connection do

select set_config('search_path', 'test, ' ||
current_setting('search_path'), 'f');

with 't' to restrict to the transaction or with 'f' to restrict to session.

2) Include the search_path reset inside each function.

Or use the SET configuration_parameter { TO value | = value | FROM
CURRENT } to CREATE FUNCTION per:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-createfunction.html

3) If all this is being done by one role and for this purpose only then
from here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-alterrole.html

ALTER ROLE { role_specification | ALL } [ IN DATABASE database_name ]
SET configuration_parameter { TO | = } { value | DEFAULT }

Be sure and read the complete docs for the caveats.