Re: COPY command use UTF-8 encoding and NOT UNICODE(16bits)... please confirm. Should postgresql add :set CLIENT_ENCODING to 'UTF-8'; to avoid confusion

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: COPY command use UTF-8 encoding and NOT UNICODE(16bits)... please confirm. Should postgresql add :set CLIENT_ENCODING to 'UTF-8'; to avoid confusion
Дата
Ответ на COPY command use UTF-8 encoding and NOT UNICODE(16bits)... please confirm. Should postgresql add :set CLIENT_ENCODING to 'UTF-8'; to avoid confusion  (David Gagnon <dgagnon@siunik.com>)
Список pgsql-general
David Gagnon <dgagnon@siunik.com> writes:
> So am I right ? Is Postgresql using UTF-8 and don`t really understand
> UNICODE file (UCS-2)?  Is there a way I can make the COPY command with a
> UNICODE UCS-2 encoding

Postgres only supports UTF-8, not any other encoding of Unicode.  Sorry.