Re: Is there a peer-to-peer server solution with PG?

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: Is there a peer-to-peer server solution with PG?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
jg@rilk.com (Pailloncy Jean-Gerard) writes:
> I suppose (because I never used it) that there is a speed boost.

I would suppose (because synchronization has substantial costs) that
there is more than likely _no_ material improvement in performance.

"Clustering" can only provide material performance improvements if the
problem turns out to be "embarrassingly parallelizable."  That is a
rather difficult condition to satisfy, and it is very likely to be
FALSE whenever there is need for conflict resolution between nodes.
--
"cbbrowne","@","ca.afilias.info"
<http://linuxdatabases.info/info/slony.html>