Re: allow specifying direct role membership in pg_hba.conf

От Chapman Flack
Тема Re: allow specifying direct role membership in pg_hba.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/17/21 17:55, Tom Lane wrote:
> This seems pretty horrid to me, not only from a complexity standpoint,
> but because it would break the principle that pg_hba.conf entries are
> applied in order.

This makes twice in a row that I've failed to see how.

If you go through the entries, in order, and simply prune from the list
the ones you can already prove would never apply to this connection, how
does that break the ordering principle?

Regards,
-Chap