Re: Access a Postgres storage with two independent instances

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Access a Postgres storage with two independent instances
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Tue, 2024-05-07 at 09:56 +0530, first last wrote:
> But, when I deploy MySQL/MongoDB deployment with multiple replicas to
> access the same storage, the all pods except one become CrashLoopBackOff
> state. This is happening for MySQL/Mongo. When it comes to Postgres, I
> deployed it with multiple pods, all the pods became healthy and there is
> no such CrashLoopBackOff state occurred. But those pods access different
> storages for every pod. Why this totally different from MySQL and Mongo?

Because it is different software?

"Why" questions are notoriously hard to answer (as anyone knows who has
ever had children).  Shared-storage architectures are not great, because
they have a single point of failure and only scale very moderately.  So
there are no efforts in PostgreSQL to make that work.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: Access a Postgres storage with two independent instances
Сообщение: Re: Access a Postgres storage with two independent instances