Re: [HACKERS] Priorities for 6.6

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Priorities for 6.6
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing <hannu@trust.ee> writes:
>> Hmm, I'm not sure why that should be, either.  Anyone?

> From a recent discussion I remember that every block that is read
> in is marked as dirty, regardless of weather it is modified or not.

No, that was me claiming that, on the basis of a profile I had taken
that showed an unreasonably large number of writes --- but the case
I was profiling was a selective UPDATE on a table that had just
been loaded.  When I repeated the test, the number of writes decreased
to the right ballpark.

I am not sure what effect Don is seeing, but I don't think it's quite
as dumb a mistake as that...