Re: BUG #8192: On very large tables the concurrent update with vacuum lag the hot_standby replica

От Federico Campoli
Тема Re: BUG #8192: On very large tables the concurrent update with vacuum lag the hot_standby replica
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 04/06/13 16:29, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2013-06-04 16:20:12 +0100, Federico Campoli wrote:
>>> Well, if you check the output in that file you can see that 'apply' is
>>> progressing, so it's not stuck in some specific area.
>>> Is the startup process cpu bound during that time? If so, any chance to
>>> get a profile?
>>
>> Please find attached the profile file and the postgresql log generated in
>> the test run on my sandbox.
>
> Unfortunately a gprof profile isn't meaningful without the generating
> binary as far as I know. Could you either generate the callgraph or just
> generate a perf profile like:
>
> # start_test
> # perf record -a
> # ctrl-C
> # perf report > somefile
>
> And then send somefile?
>
> Greetings,
>
> Andres Freund

This is the gprof output for the profile.

Many thanks
Federico

--
Federico Campoli
Database Administrator brandwatch.com

Вложения

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: BUG #8192: On very large tables the concurrent update with vacuum lag the hot_standby replica