Re: pgsql: Remove win32ver.rc from version_stamp.pl

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pgsql: Remove win32ver.rc from version_stamp.pl
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On 2020-03-10 11:22, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> What we need for this is having the major version number and the minor
> version number as separate integer symbols.  Both configure and
> Solution.pm already have that logic, because they compute
> PG_VERSION_NUM.  So we just keep all the logic there now.  Put the
> minor version number into a new symbol PG_MINORVERSION_NUM.  Also, add
> a symbol PG_MAJORVERSION_NUM, which is a number, alongside the
> existing PG_MAJORVERSION, which is a string.

This created some seemingly unrelated build farm failures.  I suspect
this must have something to do with the new shell code in configure

+PG_MINORVERSION=`expr "$PACKAGE_VERSION" : '.*\.\([0-9][0-9]*\)'`
+test -n "$PG_MINORVERSION" || PG_MINORVERSION=0

ending up with some nonsense being assigned to PG_MINORVERSION, perhaps
due to a not-quite-mainstream Bourne shell being used.

Can anyone test this locally?