Re: allow online change primary_conninfo

От Maxim Orlov
Тема Re: allow online change primary_conninfo
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-03-28 02:39, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2020-Mar-27, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
>> On 2020-Mar-27, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>
>> > I pushed the wal_receiver_create_temp_slot bugfix, because I realized
>> > after looking for long enough at WalReceiverMain() that the code was
>> > beyond saving.  I'll be pushing the rest of this later today.
>>
>> So here's the next one.  I still have to go over the doc changes here,
>> but at least the tests are passing for me.
>
> Pushed with some documentation tweaks.
>
> Many thanks for working on this!

Nice work! What do you think of possibility to add restore_command?

Is it a good idea to make a restore_command to be reloadable via SUGHUP
too?

On the one hand it looks reasonable since primary_conninfo got such
ability. On the other hand we don't exactly know whether the actual
process after reload config would use "new" command or "old"  since it
may take a long time to finish running old command (in case of scp or
smth).

Also setting faulty restore_command lead to server termination, which is
rather unexpectedly.
If anyone makes some minor typo in restore_command, say write
restore_command='cp1 /mnt/srv/%f %p' instead of restore_command='cp
/mnt/srv/%f %p' and do SELECT pg_reload_conf() then server will
terminate.

Do you consider this feature useful? Any suggestions?

---
Best regards,
Maxim Orlov.
Вложения